Saturday, February 17, 2018

Update and reading material.

I got the conference paper from last year's NecronomiCon PVD revised and to the editor on deadline, which was 3 February. I'm less happy with the draft than I wanted to be, but unfortunate family events* kept me from working on it as much as I would have otherwise.

Today's reading material:

...oh, god, I just fell into the MLA wormhole and joined for a year, all because I pulled out the 8th edition handbook.

....aaaaand MLA Humanities Commons profile page is timing out, so no adding info THANKS, OBAMA.

Anyway, what I'm reading today is underneath this green Crown Royal bag containing a brown Blanton's bag containing a small statuette of Cthulhu; two necklaces; a set of gaming dice; a very nice metal spinner that I will never use; a Mythos challenge coin (a sigil is on the reverse) that signifies that I'll be buying all the drinks, given that Cthulhu doesn't exist; and a small handcrafted piece of Mythos art designed to be a menacing octopus.




Adams, Donald K., editor. Mystery and Detection Annual 1972. Castle Press, 1972.

Let's go.

(*) Munch, one of our beloved basset hounds, was diagnosed with and died of lymphoma in the span of 11 days in early January. That was hard, and still is.

No comments: