Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Next chapter.



It's #the100dayproject again, and I'm working on the next paper for Necronomicon Providence (this August) and the next chapter of the book. Yes, I should speed up things.

This chapter is on HP Lovecraft and detective fiction, and I'm reading a book by Larry Landrum called American Mystery and Detective Novels: A Reference Guide. AMAZING work. The reading is slow going because there's so much to write and think about.

I'm not sure that I agree with Landrum's distinction between mysteries and detective fiction, but I'm going with it to see where he ends up. It may well be useful to talk about how Lovecraft bridges the two ideas with in his stories. No matter what happens with that, just the introduction and the first section of the first chapter have been fruitful for me.


No comments: